Minimum qualifications for lateral entry candidates:
• Must possess a certificate of successful completion from a certified IL Basic Law Enforcement Academy. Out of State certification will be accepted if recognized by the IL Law Enforcement Training & Standards Board Any recertification training must not exceed 80 hrs , if applicable.
• Must have a minimum Associate’s Degree or equivalent hours of credit
• Must be a U.S. citizen and at least 21 years of age
• Must be of good moral character and mentally and physically capable of performing all LE duties
• Must be able to furnish copies of all educational and military records, if applicable
• Must have at least one (1) year of experience as a sworn, certified law enforcement officer with a municipal or state agency