Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
1 day advance notice required for single family sales and 5 days advance notice for multi-family sales of 3 or more families.
I CERTIFY THAT I RESIDE AT THE ABOVE ADDRESS AND THAT INFORMATION ON THIS APPLICATION IS TRUE AND ACCURATE. I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR A YARD SALE. I WILL COMPLY WITH ALL ASPECTS OF THE VILLAGE OF SWANSEA ORDINANCES GOVERNING YARD SALES WITHIN THE VILLAGE OF SWANSEA.
The above applicant is hereby given and granted this license to hold a yard sale at the above location. Said license shall be in effect only for dates specified above, provided the applicant complies with the provisions of the ordinances of the Village of Swansea.
Definition: The term “Yard Sale” shall mean any display of merchandise for the purpose of exchanging it for legal tender or barter at a location not otherwise regularly used or specifically designated for the sale or exchange of merchandise. Events commonly know as “garage sales”, tailgate sales”, “flea markets”, “house sales”, “moving sales”, etc., shall be defined as yard sales.
Licenses: No person or organization shall operate a yard sale within the Village of Swansea without first obtaining a license therefore.
• No yard sale shall be conducted for a period greater than three successive calendar days.
• Yard sales shall be conducted only from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on the day(s) of the sale.
• Yard sales shall be held no more than three times within the same calendar year at the same location.
• Yard sales shall be held no sooner than thirty (30) days subsequent to the close of a previous yard sale at the same location.
• It shall be unlawful for anyone to conduct a retail selling business pursuant to a yard sale license, or to engage in any sales other than those of junk, second hand, antique or other used or discarded items of property.
• No booths or concessions stands shall be placed in the roadway.
• Yard sale signs shall not exceed four (4) square feet, shall not be erected more than five (5) days prior to the scheduled sale and shall be removed immediately following the event.
• No signs or advertising shall be posted on utility poles or Village owned poles (i.e., stop signs, speed restriction signs, no parking signs, street signs, etc.), or within any public right-of-way.
• Signs must contain the name and address of the license holder along with the license holder’s signature.
Penalty: Any one found guilty of violating any of violating any of the provisions of the Yard Sale Ordinance shall be fined not less than $50.00 nor more than $500.00.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field